November 1, 2008
• 56 percent of factoids published at Gullible.Info contain a percent or ratio. 88 percent contain at least one number other than a number contained in a date.
• As of July 2008, 143 Fact Checkers had had at least one factoid published at Gullible.Info. Another 221 researchers had not yet had a factoid published.
• For every factoid published at Gullible.Info, 38.7 factoids are investigated and rejected for not adhering to the strict standards for which Gullible.Info is known. Several have been withheld for being "just too unbelievable."
• Gullible.Info is the 27th most-popular gadget on igoogle.com as measured by views.
• As of 2008, 46 states, 96 countries and all continents had been mentioned in one or more factoid at Gullible.Info.
November 4, 2008
• On November 4, 2008, the average American voter traveled 1.1 miles to vote and it took 20 minutes 12 seconds.
• Forty-seven percent of American voters select straight party lines when voting.
• Patti Sue Daygull of Louisiana has moved so often and so regularly, she has voted every year for the past 28 years but never in the same district twice.
• In the 2004, 1256 votes were cast by absentee ballot by people who died between voting and election day.
• In Jersey City, NJ, the ballot for November of 2000 had a record 68 separate offices and issues to be selected.
November 14, 2008
• The average American who paints a bathroom in his/her home will spend 7 hours 17 minutes on prep work, painting and cleanup.
• More than fifty percent of Americans over the age of 40 wait for the evening before making long-distance telephone calls even though they have flate-rate plans.
• Growth rates for toenails can vary much as much as 127 percent from one week to the next. The reason behind this phenomenon has not yet been discovered.
• Twenty-one percent of fax machines in the United States had received nothing besides 'spam faxes' for more than 11 months.
• Banker and philanthropist J.P. Morgan had a desk made out of steel-reinforced balsa wood.