May 18, 2007
• Underwriters Laboratories was founded by an accountant named Ulf Lederhosen.
• Within the industry, rubber band manufacturers refer to the elasticity of their products "Stretchy", "Extra Stretchy" and "Super Stretchy". At the last trade show the hot rumor was that "Super Extra Stretchy" was about to be introduced by one of the companies.
• The Lockheed corporation was named so that all employees would be constantly vigilant of the need for security, or to "Heed the locks" on the doors to their offices.
• The "Faux-rriers", a trade group of fake fur coat manufacturers, have awarded the "I can't believe it's not mink" prize to Dicker & Dicker of Beverly Hills in 8 of the past 10 years.
• The Department of Transportation requires trucks that are backing up to emit a beep once every .9 to 1.1 seconds at a frequency of between 400 and 500 cycles per second.