December 22, 2006
The Fact Check Forums have been hard at work, researching our heroes of yesteryear, with one question in mind: What ever happened to...? A big thanks to fact checkers Udoboy, Taed and Athene.
• Rin Tin Tin and the original Lassie are buried in adjacent graves at the Forest Lawns cemetary in Los Angeles.
• Jeremy Miller, the child star who played Ben Seaver on TV's "Growing Pains," has spent the last decade acting in South Africa's renowned Liberty Theatre.
• Former Vice-President Dan Quayle now lives in Phoenix, Arizona, and has recently signed a contract to write his autobiography entitled: "Potatoe, Potahto: My Life As VP."
• Twiggy the water-skiing squirrel was electrocuted in 2005 while trying to paw bread out of the toaster. However, the owner has trained another squirrel named Knotty to water-ski and she continues to tour under the name Twiggy.
• John Gilchrist, who played Mikey in the Life cereal commercials of the 1980s, retired from show business after the commercials and is now a nuclear physicist based in Taos, New Mexico.