December 11, 2006
• Despite the snide saying "take a picture; it will last longer" a person is no more likely to remember the context of a photo than remember the event outright.
• Every year the U.S. Department of the Treasury estimates the value of the items mentioned in the song The Twelve Days of Christmas as a festive means of gauging inflation. This year, the gifts would set the true love back $36,022.
• Because of its sexual proclivities, the mackerel is often called the Casanova fish.
• White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, contains more letters (31) than any other complete city/state name in the USA.
• The premise for the television show Survivor was taken from a psychological research proposal which had been rejected by its review committee because it was deemed "needlessly sadistic."