December 7, 2006
• Thomas Edison invented the rotary nose hair clippers.
• The annual number of exorcisms has nearly tripled in the last ten years.
• The origin of the game hangman seems to have its roots in Salisbury, England around 1840, where a local hangman promised to free the condemned if they could guess a secret word. It's unclear if anyone ever guessed successfully or how long the practice lasted.
• Doctors smoke at over twice the rate as the general population.
• In Scotland, it is traditional to leave out haggis and mead for Father Christmas.