December 1, 2006
• The UPC code 4815162342 had been assigned to the 8 oz. can of New Coke, introduced on 4/23/1985 and discontinued on 8/16/1992. It is unclear whether the connection to the TV show Lost is coincidental or intentional on the part of its producers.
• An "easter egg" in Windows Vista shows a brief home movie of Bill Gates' children.
• Jim Lehrer (of PBS' The NewsHour) does not, and is not registered to, vote, so as not to appear politically biased.
• Nearly one-third of burn-related hospital visits by males aged 13 to 20 are due to an attempt at setting their flatulence alight.
• A Republican congressman from Texas recently introduced legislation intended to put a hold on military funerals in times of war because he feels that they "just serve to glorify the anti-war movement." The bill is not expected to pass.